Hello, my name is Joseph O’Neill and I am a senior here at Mercy College.  I also am a Health Science Physical Therapy major at Mercy.  I played baseball for three years in college in which I was a pitcher.  I always found it fascinating that people could put so much stress on their arms day in and day out without hurting them.  However, as the years went on in college I noticed more of my teammates and the competition having arm troubles.  Most of their problems were located in the elbow and specifically the Ulnar Collateral Ligament.  This problem can only be fixed by one procedure known as “Tommy John Surgery.” Tommy John Surgery, known in medical practice as ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) reconstruction, is a surgical graft procedure in which the ulnar collateral ligament in the medial elbow is replaced with a tendon from elsewhere in the body. The procedure is common among collegiate and professional athletes in several sports, most notably baseball.  For my project I want to study both aspects of the surgery and the rehab related to physics.