DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
- In 2 groups you are assigned a debate topic in which you have 20 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to debate.
- Which is the dominant technology of our day - television or the internet?
- You must answer 3 questions and use 7 out of the 8 keywords and phrases provided below -
- Question 1: Which sense perception(s) are used in this medium?
- Question 2: Which sense perceptions are not?
- How might it structure our social reality?
- Keywords and phrases (7 of 8):
- Symbolic environment
- Sense perception
- Electronic age
- Print age
- The global village
- Re-tribalization of the human race
- The central nervous system
- I will pick two moderators, in addition to myself. The winner (all members of the group) of the debate will receive 2 points on the final exam.
- Guidelines for winning - using the keywords and phrases appropriately, arguing for your point of view convincingly, providing examples/demonstrations, and using quotes from the Griffin book.